Wednesday, October 14, 2009

KNOWLEDGE OF JNANA AND VIJNANA


CHAPTER- VII
KNOWLEDGE OF JNANA AND
VIJNANA


Hardly one among thousands of men strives to realize Me. Even among them, some rare one knows me in reality.

The material nature of My lower part is eight folds- Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether, Mind, Reason, and Ego.

My Higher part or spiritual nature is in the form of Jiva.
The prakriti consists of these two parts. I am the source of creation and they disappear in me.

I am the sapidity in water, light of the moon and fire in the sun. I am the sacred syllable- OM in all the Vedas, the sound in ether and the manliness in men.

I* am the pure odour in the earth and the brilliance in the fire and I am the life in all beings and the austerity in men of ascetics.

I am the eternal seed of all beings. I am the intelligence of intelligent and glory of all glorious.

I am the mighty of the might, free passion and desire, whatever other entities they are born-satva, rajas and tamas-know them all as evolved from Me alone, in reality neither do I exist in them nor they in Me.

These three- fold mayas-satva, raja and tama gunas and fails to recognize Me, delude the whole world- I am standing apart from these and I am imperishable.

Those who constantly remember me and surrender unto me alone able to cross this Maya.
Those whose wisdom is carried away by these Maya and those who embraced the demonic nature cannot see Me.

Four types of devotees worship M-the seeker of worldly possessions, the afflicted, seeker of knowledge, and the man of wisdom.

Among them, the best is man of wisdom. He establishes identity with Me, exclusively devoted to Me, and he is extremely dear to me.

Though all of the above are noble, the man of wisdom is My very self, his mind and intellect merged in Me and is firmly established in Me.

Those whose wisdom is carried away by various desires, prompted by their own nature worship other deities ignorant of Me- the supreme among them.

What ever form my devotee chooses to worship Me- I appear before him in that form.
Those who gain the fruits of worshipping other deities are perishable but those who come to Me it is everlasting.

I am not manifest in those devotees who are veiled by yoga Maya.

I know all beings- the past, present and the future but they cannot see Me.
Many people due to delusion in the shape of pairs of opposites born of desire and hatred are falling a prey to infatuation.


Those who are freed from the above- worship Me with firm devotion and having taken refuge in Me and strive for deliverance from old age and death- know the Absolute-the totality of jivas embodied in the souls, and karma as well as My- integral part - the unmanifest Divinity-those who are possessed steadfast mind Know Me- the Supreme Being and come to Me.

R.Jagannathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment